Welcome to the CRI Collaboration Website
New services over the Internet, such as Voice over IP (VoIP) and IP-based media distribution (IPTV), are being aggressively deployed. Not only will these services reduce communication costs, but they will also pave the way for innovative, value-added, highly personalized services.
Multimedia services are vulnerable to threats such as unpaid service usage and service disruption.
New vulnerabilities are possible due to:
- Convergence of the public switched telephone network and the Internet
- Use of separate signaling and bearer channels
- Strict Quality of Service (QoS) requirements
Example research projects
- Defense against denial of emergency 911 service
- Defense against denial of multimedia communication services
- Spam prevention
- Impact of security on Quality of Service